Handmade in the Dales offers a weekend workshop for attendees of all abilities to complete simple upholstery projects
Our two day workshop has proven to be a popular course.
Over the weekend you will be guided by Anthony, step by step, through the techniques to enable you to produce or upcycle beautiful and unique items for your home. We limit the course to just four, ensuring that everyone gets Anthony’s attention and help.
£180/pp for the weekend workshop
Saturday 10am to 4pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm
We will require a £50 non-refundable deposit at the time of booking with the remainder to be paid on the Sunday you finish.
- A brief safety talk and an overview of the tools of the trade
- Tea/coffee/biscuits are available throughout the day
- A cold buffet lunch is provided (we can accommodate dietary requirements if they are stipulated upon booking)
- We provide all upholstery materials such as foam, wadding, studs, staples etc
- And, of course, Anthony’s expert advice and help along the way!
What can you expect to make
Some clients bring small items such as a footstool, others bring larger pieces such as a small occasional chair. What you achieve in a weekend depends, to an extent, on how quick, experienced and confident you are.
Typically though you could complete:
- Six drop seat dining chairs
- Two fully upholstered dining chairs
- Small bucket seat
- Wing chair if it is pre-stripped at home
- Large deep-buttoned footstool
- Shaped upholstered headboard
- The item you wish to reupholster – if you wish we can provide footstool and headboard frames at an agreed cost but these will need to be ordered in advance of the workshop as they will be made specifically for you
- Fabric – we can advise you in advance of the right amount or alternatively you can visit us in advance and we will order fabric for you
- Trimmings – if you wish to add a specific braid or trim you will need to bring this with you
- Cushion inners – new cushion inners can be purchased from us in advance of the workshop.